Seitz Brothers Pest Control food retail and grocery programs have the primary objective of protecting your customers by ensuring the quality, value and safety of your products.
The most successful programs have an integrated strategy that includes at least two or more of the following control measures.
- Sanitation – the removal of food and water sources stress pest populations and make traps and baits more effective.
- Mechanical Control – traps, barriers (caulking), mechanical exclusion (screening), using air currents and manipulation of environmental factors (temperature, humidity).
- Cultural Control – altering habits or behaviors of people to reduce infestations
- Biological Control – using biological organisms such as beneficial bacteria to digest debris from hard to clean areas, aquatic breeding insects, parasitic wasps for fly control or fungi for cockroach control, can be very effective methods.
- Chemical Control – the correct and safe use of pesticides may be used to correct a pest infestation.
Pests covered under our Food Retail and Grocery programs include cockroaches, ants (excluding Pharaoh), spiders (on interior), flies and monitoring for stored product pests.
Pest Control and pest prevention of pest infestations require a cooperative effort between all grocery and Seitz Brother Pest Control personnel. Sanitation, building maintenance and store procedures all play a critical role in the effectiveness of the program and your employees can directly influence these conditions.
As part of our pest control for retail food sales, we have 3 PA locations covering places like Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton at our Trexlertown location in the Lehigh Valley; or Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and Stroudsburg at our Tannersville office in the Poconos; and Hazleton, Reading, and Lancaster at our Tamaqua Headquarters in Eastern and Central PA. We also service other parts of PA, New Jersey and New York. Call today to schedule an appointment and see why you are calling the best pest control for retail food sales in the region.