- Do keep activities to a minimum in any areas having damaged material that may contain asbestos.
- Do be careful to avoid contact with harmful asbestos material
- Do have removal and major repair done by people trained and qualified in handling asbestos. It is highly recommended that sampling and minor repair also be done by asbestos professionals.
- Do check with the health or environmental safety officials in your municipality before discarding any small objects containing asbestos, such as stove-top pads or ironing board covers, to find out the safest way to handle and properly and safely dispose of them.
- Don’t dust, sweep, or vacuum debris that may contain asbestos.
- Don’t saw, sand, scrape, or drill holes in asbestos materials.
- Don’t use brushes or abrasive pads on your power stripper in hopes of stripping an asbestos floor.
- Don’t sand or try to level asbestos flooring or its backing. Install a new floor covering instead.
- Don’t track material that could contain asbestos through the house. If you cannot avoid walking through the area, have it cleaned with a wet mop. If the material is from a damaged area, or if a large area must be cleaned, call an asbestos professional.
As part of our asbestos removal service, we provide 3 convenient locations covering places like Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton at our Trexlertown location in the Lehigh Valley; or Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and Stroudsburg at our Tannersville office in the Poconos; and Hazleton, Reading, and Lancaster at our Tamaqua Headquarters in Eastern and Central PA. We also service parts of New Jersey and New York. Call today to schedule an appointment and see why you are calling the best asbestos removal service in PA.