Zika Virus in the U.S.
10 Essential Facts about the Zika Virus
1. The Zika virus is carried by mosquitoes and people BUT spread by mosquitos!
2.Symptoms of Zika Virus infection are usually mild (Joint pain, headache, pain behind the eyes, itchy red eyes)
3.Unborn babies are most at risk from Zika virus complications.
4. There’s no vaccine to protect against the Zika virus.
5. Zika began in Africa and spread Rapidly.
6. Zika has reached Puerto Rico’s mosquitoes and map keep traveling north.
7. All U.S. cases of the Zika virus disease are travel-related.
8. Travelers probably won’t bring the infected mosquitoes home with them.
9. You can prevent Zika infection by using the insect repellents when traveling.
10. Mosquito control can help prevent Zika,
How can I prevent mosquitoes?
Seitz Brothers offers a program to help prevent mosquitoes! We come to your home and spray the perimeter and all the landscaping once a month. This service is $55.00+ tax per month (price may vary for larger properties)
Mention this article and get 10% off each service!
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT experts in discussing the virus, nor can we speculate on its potential to spread.
Source: NPMA, Everydayhealth.com